Sunday, January 7, 2018
Ouch!
Eliza is here to write about her injury: Sooo, I was at church running in a dark hallway with my friends, Anna, Isabella, and Naomi. And, shocker, I tripped and split my head open on the corner of a metal door frame. Thanks, Anna for getting my dad. Meanwhile, I`m holding my hand over it and crying. When I take my hand off it is (literally) covered in blood :(!!
Sister Lierley helped me get cleaned up, and then I came home. Mommy and Daddy took me to the bathroom, and we untangled the hair. As they untangled the hair, my cut fell open. We didn't realize that the tangled hair was holding it together. Then, Mommy took me to the urgent care because it was bigger than we realized it was. We waited in the waiting room for an hour, while I was holding a paper towel over it and reading. Then the doctor took us to the exam room. He poured some cold water over it and said we could either get stitches or staples. We picked staples because stitches would take longer and my hair would have to be cut away. Then he gave me a shot for the numbing. Then he put the first staple in. It hurt. He said that I might need extra numbing because my mom always needs extra numbing too. So he gave me another shot and popped in the rest of the staples. There were four staples. I waited ten days, and then at home Daddy took them out. Mommy helped too. I couldn't wash my hair properly until they were out. Even now when I put too much shampoo over that spot, it feels weird. I still have a red line where I got cut. It doesn't hurt any more, and I can stand on my head.
Mommy here: I was so proud of how brave Ellie was. She cried when she initially got hurt, but didn't cry at anything else. She was so brave at the shots and the staple gun. It was also an unusual experience because I have never gotten woozy at the sight of blood before, but when we were in the bathroom parting her hair and the slice just opened up, I got dizzy and had to sit down. Ellie did too. It ended up being pretty pricy, but I guess that is why we have health insurance and an HSA. We made it 8.5 years with kids without staples or stitches. Not too bad really. I am so glad she has healed up well.
Labels:
8 Years Old,
Being Sick,
Church,
Eliza,
Milestone,
Written By Kids
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment