Sunday, July 9, 2017

The End of Kindergarten

Miriam says that the end of kindergarten was fun. She liked the field trips at the end of school. She misses Mrs. Bowlin. She is not very talkative about this subject now that it is mid-July. We have had a busy summer, and we're trying to catch up.

The end of kindergarten was bittersweet for the mommy. I was glad to have my girls out for the summer, but I was super sad that half-day school was ending for my Miri girl. I don't know what I am going to do with both older girls in full day.


Miriam had a couple of cute little friends in half day, but they became fewer and fewer as the school year progressed because parents kept switching their child to full day. Weirdos. Don't they realize they'll have the rest of their time with you in full day school? Like until they move out?!

So it wasn't quite the experience that Ellie had in kindergarten, where I feel like we all became good friends, but I did like her teacher a lot still. So did Miriam.

They put together for her a little Kindergarten memory book which is so sweet. And did a fun Kindergarten celebration party.

I feel like Miriam has been my little buddy so much this year. I have loved having time for just me and Holland while she was at kindergarten. Then after Miriam got home and Holland was napping it was just me and Miriam time. Then after Ellie got home from school I tried to really focus on her. I feel bad that she got the least amount of time with the most to do, so I guess that is why I am mourning the lost time with my sweet Miriam.

Miriam got the 'whale' award for a job 'whale' done at all times. Kindergarten is the cutest!


The last day of kindergarten came early for us this year because Uncle Spencer passed away, and we went up to Utah for the funeral. I will talk more about that later, but I thought it was so nice for her teachers to be so accommodating for us. Mrs. Bowlin and Mrs. Becerra were both so nice and caring to Miriam.

This is Miriam's half day friend Elia. She was pretty nervous the first half of school to walk through the gate, but her mom and I found out randomly one morning that when Miriam invited her to walk in with her, Elia felt okay about walking in. Since then, we tried to meet up with them every morning to walk in, and eventually Elia felt okay about walking in without Miriam too. It warmed my heart to see my little girl helping someone else. 
Miriam and Elia!

There they are walking in together.


Here are the half day friends at pick up. The black little girl is Nadia. Miriam invited her to go to church with us one time for the Primary program and she actually came. It was pretty amazing! I liked chatting with both of their mom's a lot everyday--Shannon and Jenny, but I do have to say that they both were a little more dramatic than the parents were of Ellie's classmates. Oh well.
Half day friends at pick up!

We'll miss you Kindergarten!

A funny picture of Holland!

First Day of Kindergarten
Last Day of Kindergarten - Miriam looks so much older.

It was the end of school for Eliza too. Unfortunately, the end of school party was on the day of the funeral, so she missed that. I will really miss Eliza's teacher, Mrs. Whigham. She had the amazing ability to push her to really succeed and challenge herself, but she was so loving about the whole thing that Eliza never felt discouraged or overwhelmed about it.






No comments: