Sunday, April 9, 2017

Fun at School


Two kids at two different schools makes for a lot of school activities. First was Read Across America week, in which our favorite day was dress like your favorite book character. Not surprisingly, Miriam dressed like Ruth Rose from the A-to-Z Mystery series. Ruth Rose dresses all in one color from head to toe, so it was the perfect costume for Miriam. She loves that series!

Next was Eliza's art night. I think this is a cool fundraiser for the school. In addition to having the students' artwork displayed like a gallery, they have fun activities (mini art projects for the kids to do). There are also food trucks, but we are too healthy (read cheap) to buy food from those. :) The fundraiser part is that you can buy framed art or just get the kid's art at the end of the school year.


Next was the round of Spring Carnivals. Miriam's came first and since there were bouncy houses, we decided to attend her school's. It did not disappoint. We had to buy wristbands for each girl, but they had unlimited access to the many bouncy activities. I just went with the two older girls, while John stayed home with Holland. We missed those two, but Holland would have been so, so upset that she couldn't participate in/mess around with the bouncy houses, but she really was too little. 

The girls probably spent 45 minutes doing this one particular bouncy house again and again. Of course, there was a good line that they had to wait in each time. They were completely patient though.

After they tired of that particular one, they decided to try the climbing wall. I was surprised because it seemed kind of scary for my timid girls.


However, they reminded me that just because they are timid about movies and shows, doesn't mean they aren't little daredevils when it comes to rides. They were thrilled with the climbing wall. I wish they had been wearing tennis shoes. I bet they would have had a good chance of making it to the top if they had been wearing tennis shoes.

Brave Miriam!

Brave Eliza!

 So many bouncy houses!


These hamster balls were particularly fun!

I loved this one where they had to leap from one mound to the next to get across. It was so cute! Eventually they made it back to the one that they had spent so much time at earlier. This is the only picture I have of them participating in it. It was an obstacle course that they could race each other on. Shocker--they loved it!
Obstacle course one!


We also got snow cones as a special treat, but I kind of wished we hadn't because it was cold and right after this we went to the treat walk where they were giving out really good treats. Oh well. :)
They also loved this giant slide.




Yesterday was Eliza's carnival but we decided not to participate because it is kind of $$$. We did go to Miriam's art show though. Very similar feel to Eliza's. I am so grateful that my kiddos go to such great schools!

No comments: