Monday, December 21, 2015

Before and After: Painting Downstairs

We did this project over Thanksgiving. We started the weekend before. Then John only worked a half day on Monday. Then we worked on painting during the rest of the week: his vacation days: the rest of the day on Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday. Then he had Thursday and Friday off because of Thanksgiving, which we worked on this project. And we finished up on that weekend. We finally had our Thanksgiving dinner on Sunday. Whew! It was a long process.

Family Room 1. The day we closed on our house! Notice the awesome curtains and dimming chandelier.

Family Room 2. Three months later. We found out that this window leaked. Repairs on the outside and inside of the house.

White = Repair jobs Yellow=Bad Paint Choice

Family Room 3. After we finished painting. We love the color that we choose. Accessible Beige. Perfect mix of beige and grey, in my opinion.

Other view of family room 1.

Other view of family room 2.

Other view of family room 3.

Dining room 1.

Dining room 1 again.

Dining room 2. (I should really clean up before taking these photos)

Dining room 3. I didn't realize I needed to back up to get the same angle.

Kitchen 1 and 2: No appreciable difference between when we moved in and before painting. Actually we made more of a mess than we started with.

Kitchen 3.

Living Room 1.

Living Room 2. (kind of an awful picture, but its the best I've got)

Living Room 3.

It was kind scary standing up on the tall ladders to reach the top of the walls. 


John and I listened to The Help while painting. Pretty good. Although it does make me feel like I am an unintentionally racist person. I feel so much more aware of race and racial things now. 

We had fun with the walls before we painted. :)

Yay for finishing a big project.

So glad it is done though! We really like how it turned out!

No comments: