Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Mother's Day 2014

John sure knows how to spoil me for Mother's day. Two beautiful cards from my little ones, a touching letter from him, new kitchen containers (seriously exactly what I wanted!), new clothes, plus a yummy crepe breakfast, and delicious spring rolls for dinner. Holy cow, I was spoiled! And I was lucky enough to have my mom here on Mother's Day. I'll say it again...I never truly appreciated my mom until I became a mother.

Sometimes I can't quite believe I have been entrusted with these two little girls. I know that I am really probably screwing it up a lot of the time, but at least I care. They deserve the best mother on the planet, and I feel guilty all of the time that I am not the better for them. Thankfully I married a wonderful man that helps fill in the gaps where I am lacking. I am so blessed!

From my journal:

That weekend was also Mother's Day. I got some new clothes and containers. Exactly what I wanted. :) We got my mom some mint-chocolate chip ice cream. We also made a fancy breakfast of crepes and dinner of spring rolls. Both were excellent and delicious.

The next day we went to the dentist for the first time since moving down here. I ended spending 5.5 hours there (Eliza was such a trooper!) and paying them $1100 for it. Yikes! I sure hope that I never have to spend that much at the dentist again. John had an appointment later and spent another $300. Add to that a couple of unexpected car repairs and finally paying my grandparents back and we definitely spent more than we made this month. I hate money. :(


No comments: