Wednesday, April 23, 2014

I love naptime!

I think my kids are so cute asleep. Peaceful, innocent, quiet. It is just wonderful.

One afternoon they fell asleep during quiet time and nap time. When I tried to wake them up by bringing them out to our couch and talking to them, they both refused to wake up. Sorry guys, you inherited this from me.
So they slept head to head when they wouldn't wake up. It was adorable.

A little bit of stirring.


Eliza almost never takes a nap anymore, but when she does it is just so cute. She normally does a quiet time in the afternoon about an hour and a half long. It serves three purposes. First it makes the apartment really quiet so Miriam can fall asleep more easily. (There is no way she would sleep if she knew Ellie and I were out having fun together.) Also, it gives Ellie a time to slow down her activities of the day. She normally colors and reads books during this time. And maybe most important to me, it gives me a break from the kids. Let's be honest, I wouldn't trade them for the world, but they can be exhausting. I find that I am a much happier, more loving parent if I have a few minutes to myself.

Miriam likes to sleep all over her room. We have a spare bed in there, but she rarely chooses to end up there. She always starts in her crib, but she climbs out and almost always ends up sleeping pushed up against the crack of the door. I feel so bad for all of the times I have opened the door to wake her up and smacked her in the face with the door. It happens more than I would like to admit. :(

1 comment:

Marc and Miriam Deru said...

That video of Ellie in her stuffed pajamas is so funny. M is so funny with her crazy sleep locations. Your kids are just funny. Guess it's in the genes. :)