In the middle of November my mom came down and visited us. Mostly it was to see these two little rascals. (Ah. I love matching clothes. :) )
We stayed pretty busy while she was here--shopping, eating, and playing. One of the favorite places that we played was the botanical gardens. The girls loved the butterfly garden. There were monarch butterflies everywhere. They loved using this little magnifying glass to see the details of the butterflies.
We liked seeing the cool plants too. Like the organ pipe cactus and the humongous aloe plant.
There were this cool exhibit going on called Chulily in the Garden. Pretty glass sculptures were intermingled with the cactus and plants. After the sun went down the glass sculptures were illuminated and shown gorgeous colors all around. I wish I had better pictures of it.
Back to the shopping again. While at Costco, my girls spotted the fancy Christmas dresses on display, and they talked Grandma into getting one for every single granddaughter. They loved picking out and trying on all of those dresses. We made quite a spectacle of ourselves.
When we got home we had to have another fashion show, but the girls were so silly and wouldn't smile normal for the camera. This is actually a pretty common occurrence.
| Painting on the castle. |
And the tricycle car wash. There were a lot more activities, but the camera ran out of battery juice. Grrr. I hate it when that happens. Regardless, we had so much fun while Grandma came to town.
John and I also got to attend the temple while she was here, which was a blessing. Finally, we just had to take a photo on 9:10 11/12/13. :)
| 9:10 11/12/13 :) |
1 comment:
Johnny loves these children museum pictures. So is that the story of the beautiful Christmas dresses? Thank you for the inspiration! Anna loves hers (so do I)
!
Post a Comment