So this picture was taken when I was 27 weeks. (Now I am 28 weeks.) So it has been 10 weeks since I put up a picture of my pregnant belly. Whew, I am feeling humongous these days! It is getting to the point where bending down is getting ridiculously hard and I have already started to ask John to tie my shoes. I keep vacillating between wanting this baby out right now because I don't want to get any bigger or more awkward and almost crying because I am so nervous about having another baby, and "What have I got myself into?!?!!" I guess it is a little late for that kind of thinking. :) I am just feeling so much bigger than I felt with Ellie at this same point. One way or another it is just not cool that with another whole trimester to go my belly button is already poking out, which never happened with Ellie.
So with all of this self-pity and bemoaning the loss of feeling 'normal,' I was brought up short yesterday by a friend's post on facebook. She is about five weeks further along than me and having twins. They moved to another state since she has been pregnant, so I haven't seen her in person for quite some time. So, last night she posted that she had had another ultrasound at her 33 week appointment. They measured her babies weighing a little more than six pounds each!!! So just to compare--at 28 weeks my baby is supposed to roughly weigh two pounds and a few ounces, and my friend has more than 12 pounds of baby in her. So that means that she is carrying around 10 more pounds of baby in her than I am. I think I should stop complaining now, don't ya think?!
6 comments:
10 weeks--we are a bit ambitious aren't we. Don't you technically have 12 weeks left? Hey, I think you look great. Remember, last pregnancy you gained like a pound in the last trimester, so no sweat!
Wow!! Ten more weeks! I'm excited to meet her, still excited to hear what name you choose!
Haha! Yeah, I meant that it has been 10 weeks since I last put up a picture of my belly. :)
I found that thinking of all of the hardships other people were facing or may have faced never really helped me feel much better at all about mine. Keep whining! It's rough to be pregnant even under perfect conditions and if you can't whine a little about it what can you do?!
You look amazing btw- CUTE belly! (and I'm sure the belly button is cute too. )
Crazy I can't believe you have 10 weeks left! Since we moved life seems like a blur and yet you have grown a full baby!
so exciting!!! you look great!!!
Post a Comment