Thursday, February 11, 2010

Jazz Game

Merry Christmas to us! We used the tickets my sister gave to John for Christmas and went on a real date (dinner out without the baby and an event that takes a ticket to go to). It was great! The Jazz played the Denver Nuggets and beat them quite handily. It had been a long time since I attended a Jazz game. I have to say that there is something much more fun about going to a sporting event than just watching it on TV.
We ate at the Crown Burger. In our opinion it was yummy but too greasy. Then we climbed up to the tippy top of the Energy Solutions Arena. Yes, we were on the top row. However, it didn't seem nearly as high as it did when I was a kid. I felt like I was able to see really well and enjoy being that close to the game.
My cousin, William, and his wife, Camille, came with us. We had a good time chatting and hanging out.
We sat right behind the retired jerseys of the players that I loved as an early teen. I was going to marry John Stockton some day. (At least I got the John right.) :)
Thank you so much to the Guinns who took care of Ellie and got her to bed without a hitch! We owe you big! Also, of course, thanks to my sister for the great Christmas present! So fun!

7 comments:

dixon.mary said...

Sounds like fun!

Ella said...

Fun stuff! I always feel a little vertigo up there. Not as scary as the front row of the grand tier at Capitol Theater. That little bar come up to my KNEES. How is that supposed to stop me from falling when I step on my dress?!!!

Sorry- it's just that I did just get back from Swan Lake, and I did step on my skirt going down the stairs to my seat. My life flashed before my eyes.

The Ellsies said...

That's so much fun. I still can't believe that Camille and William are married, crazy!

patti said...

I've been on that top row too...you really can see pretty well. It's just kinda humbling passing all the rows of people to get there that kinda stinks LOL! Good times.

Marc and Miriam Deru said...

A night out!!!! Woohoo, that's great! Aren't they the best?

I love that you wanted to marry John Stockton when you were little. I'm trying to picture a basketball-star-crazy Kylee, and I'm just not seeing it. That's pretty funny. :)

GreenTeam said...

We went about the same time last year. Thats awesome! You'll have to look once I post my pictures from it. We got free Umbrellas it was way fun. :) Looks like you had fun too.

Jennifer said...

Looks like so much fun! I have not been to a Jazz game in years.